There’s no shortage of restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Each unique zone or neighborhood has plenty of choices. Almost too many. I have the hardest time deciding where to eat when I’m visiting. Here’s some of my suggestions of where to eat in Puerto Vallarta.
Where to Eat in Puerto Vallarta’s Marina
The marina area of Puerto Vallarta is located north of the city. Here you’ll find more restaurants and less street food. Around the marina itself, there are restaurants to suit anyone and it’s a convenient area for groups, families or couples.
Where to Eat in the Hotel Zone of Puerto Vallarta
Even though the Hotel Zone is the area I know the least about, I have researched accommodations and restaurants in that area. Since the area has a wide array of all inclusive resorts, many of the resorts have restaurants onsite. Other options range from stand alone establishments to recognizable chain restaurants from the states. Here’s what I’m trying next time I’m visiting Puerto Vallarta.
Where to Eat in Puerto Vallarta’s 5 de Diciembre + Downtown
Restaurants and street food, which means tacos, yay, are easily found in the 5 de Deciembre neighborhood of Puerto Vallarta. This neighborhood has one of my favorite beaches. Playa Camarones. Even if I’m staying in anther neighborhood, I usually spend a day at the beach there. 5 de Diciembre also has some of my favorite restaurants.
- La Bodeguita del Medio my go to place for Cuban food and live music
- Taqueria El Gato great tacos any time of the day
- Rico Mac Taco a little bit of everything and really good quesadillas
- Mangos Beach Club the freshest ceviche and fish tacos
- Gaby’s Restaurant traditional Mexican food and cooking classes
- Barcelona Tapas small plates with a gorgeous view
Where to Eat in Puerto Vallarta’s Romantic Zone
The Romantic Zone is my favorite neighborhood in Puerto Vallarta and where I’ve spent the most time. Once you are there, it’s so easy to walk around, you’ll never want to leave. Which is why I have eaten at so many places there. You can find any kind of cuisine too. Here’s just a few of my favorites.
- Café de Olla is my number 1, go to spot for breakfast or dinner
- Fredy Tucan’s there’s usually a line, but another delicious place for breakfast
- Paris Cafe tiny storefront with the most yummy pastries
- Panchos Takos takos with a k and the best al pastor ever
- The Blue Shrimp fresh seafood and dining right on the sand
- Margarita Grill all around great restaurant with a fun beach vibe
Where to Eat in Puerto Vallarta’s South Zone
The South Zone is south of the Romantic Zone and encompasses several neighborhoods. The entire area is made up of large resorts that have stunning views that look out over the bay. Garza Blanca, a resort just a few miles south of Puerto Vallarta is one of the nicest resorts. I spent a lovely day there one trip at enjoyed a delicious breakfast.
- Blanca Blue located inside Garza Blanca. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet with a great view of some of prettiest water in the PV area
Where to Eat in Puerto Vallarta
I hope you find my guide on where to eat in Puerto Vallarta helpful. I’d love know YOUR favorite places so I can try it next time I’m in PV. If you are looking for more info about Puerto Vallarta, you might also like my other articles helpful. What’s the Best Area to Stay in Puerto Vallarta, will help you decide what neighborhood is right for you. Read 5 Easy Day Trips From Puerto Vallarta to find inspiration for day trips in the area.